- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, buttermilk, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, zest and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat six 4-in. tube pans with cooking spray and dust with 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Divide batter among pans.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar.
1 each: 199 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.