Poppy Seed Creamed Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. Pour mixture into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve over noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 806 calories, 49g fat (21g saturated fat), 208mg cholesterol, 1701mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 49g protein.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Creamed Chicken
"Made this delicious chicken dish to go with mashed potatoes. I like the fact it is a two serving recipe but it could be easily doubled if you were feeding more people. I will definitely make this again!"
"Really delicious! We can get more than two servings from this, though. I served it over rice. I think this helps stretch the servings. Will definitely make this again!"
"Oh, my gosh! This is SO good ... I'm addicted! I make a double batch so that I have some to vaccuum pack and freeze for later."
"This is my Son-in-law's favorite dish. He asks for it every year on his birthday."