Poppy Seed Creamed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. Pour mixture into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 806 calories, 49g fat (21g saturated fat), 208mg cholesterol, 1701mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 49g protein.
Jun 27, 2017
Made this delicious chicken dish to go with mashed potatoes. I like the fact it is a two serving recipe but it could be easily doubled if you were feeding more people. I will definitely make this again!
Nov 17, 2010
Really delicious! We can get more than two servings from this, though. I served it over rice. I think this helps stretch the servings. Will definitely make this again!
May 20, 2010
Oh, my gosh! This is SO good ... I'm addicted! I make a double batch so that I have some to vaccuum pack and freeze for later.
Mar 26, 2009
This is my Son-in-law's favorite dish. He asks for it every year on his birthday.