- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, orange juice and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in poppy seeds, lemon and orange peel.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with lemon and orange peel. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPoppy Seed Citrus Cake
"This recipe caught my eye and after reading the ingredients I decided I had to try it. It is WONDERFUL!! I used the 2 TBS poppy seeds and that was perfect! However my bundt pan is old and the 3 Poppy Seed Citrus cakes I have made in it have all stuck so have a new pan on the way. My hubby loves this cake and he requests it often. THANK you for submitting this awesome recipe!!"
"Moist, very delicious. Loved by my craft group this morning."
"My family loves lemon so making this for a mothers day brunch was a no brainer. Excellent the only ingredient I added was some Penzy pure lemon extract to the cake batted and glaze."
"What a lovely summer cake! I made it without poppy seeds and it was just delicious. My husband loved it and took a slice in his lunch every day till it was gone! Then he asked me to make more."
"Minus the poppy seeds, we call this Orange Cooler cake. It's been a family favorite for 30 yrs!!!!"