Poppy Seed Biscuits
In her Emerald Park, Saskatchewan home, Diane Molberg uses convenient baking mix to stir up these pleasant-tasting biscuits. "The subtly sweet seeded treats are a good accompaniment to soup or a main-dish salad," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a blender, combine the milk, honey and cottage cheese. Cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and poppy seeds. Stir in cottage cheese mixture just until blended.
- Turn onto a floured surface; pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 119 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Biscuits in Quick Cooking May/June 2000