Poppy Seed Biscuit Ring
It takes just a few simple ingredients to dress up refrigerated biscuits and form this pretty ring. Elnora Willhite from Ontario, California recalls, "My daughter Robin first brought these rolls to a family celebration. Now they're a must at special occasions and family get-togethers."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, onion, poppy seeds and garlic. Separate each tube of biscuits into 10 biscuits; dip in butter mixture and stand up on end in a lightly greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 92 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Biscuit Ring in Quick Cooking September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.