Popover with Hot Turkey Salad Recipe
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- Tomato wedges, optional
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until lemon colored and foamy. Add milk, flour and salt; beat just until smooth (do not over beat). Pour into a greased 10-in. glass pie plate. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately prick with a fork in the center to allow steam to escape. Combine the next eight ingredients in a saucepan; cook and stir over low until heated through. Stir in potato chips. Spoon into popover. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 392 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Popover with Hot Turkey Salad
"I first made this as a teenager, and still crave it ten years later. Very tasty and a great way to use up leftover turkey!"