Popover with Hot Turkey Salad
I first tasted this tempting hot turkey salad at a club dinner. Now I serve it at home, and there are never any leftovers. The popover "bowl" is a unique way of serving that always draws comments. -Mary Anne Mayberry, Fairmont, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- Tomato wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Combine eggs and milk; whisk into the dry ingredients just until blended. Pour into a greased 10-in. glass pie plate. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately prick with a fork in the center to allow steam to escape. In a large saucepan, combine the next eight ingredients, cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- Stir in potato chips. Spoon into popover. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 392 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Popover with Hot Turkey Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.