Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, onions, celery, red pepper, garlic salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add eggs; cook and stir just until the eggs are set. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 250mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Sep 10, 2015
Very nice change of pace from the usual sweet breakfast--we've even had it for brinner (since it's so hard to come up with veggie ideas for that particular meal). We usually use breakfast sausage rather than ground beef.
Jun 8, 2013
Made this with a roll of Jimmy Dean regular sausage since I was out of ground beef and it was prettty good. I left out the garlic salt because the sausage is salty enough and well seasoned with other spices. Next time I might try the hot sausage variety for a little more kick. Thanks for a tasty low carb recipe. My son said he thought it would be better with some cubed, frozen hash browns mixed it. But, that wouldn't make it low carb anymore.
May 20, 2012
Fixed this for brunch this morning and hubby and I liked it very much. We did add some red pepper flakes, since we like dishes more spicy. Thanks for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.