- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 quarts popped white popcorn
- 1 package (16 ounces) milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 jar (16 ounces) lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir butter and marshmallows in oil until the marshmallows are melted. Stir in vanilla and salt. In a very large bowl, combine popcorn, M&M's and peanuts. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn; mix well. Press into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans or two 12 cups molds. Allow to set for at least 2 hours. Remove from pans or molds and slice. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 to 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPopcorn Snacks
"This recipe is YUMMY and I adjusted it to using parchment paper to line the pan and push it down in it without everything sticking to places you didn't want it to, and instead of the M&Ms and peanuts, threw in the same amount of trail mix (cashews, peanuts, caramels, m&ms, craisins, and the equivalent of milk duds) for a truly delicious treat! Used 2 bags of popped butter popcorn, added no salt. Use a giant pot to melt the marshmallows then after you take the pot off the heat, throw in the popcorn and trail mix."
"Just made these with the Valentine colored M & M's. Cut the recipe in half and put in a 10 x 15 pan. Tried the 9 x 13 first and they heaped over the pan. Everyone loved them, sad to say, gone in 24 hours!"
"I made these in April for administratives assistant day and everyone loved them-warning they are addictive! My kids loved them too and it is so easy to make."