- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery, 1 cup cheese, water chestnuts, 1/2 cup bacon, carrots and chives; mix well. Add popcorn; stir to coat. Spoon into a lettuce-lined bowl. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forPopcorn Salad
"Like my adult son said ... "This is weird, but it works." And it does. The salad has a nice texture that isn't dry like you might imagine, and the flavor is good. This recipe is a keeper."