- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup plus 1 to 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 12 green Dots candies
- Green Fruit Roll-Ups
- 18 each green and brown Tootsie Roll Midgees
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, marshmallows and 1/2 cup marshmallow creme on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted; stir in gelatin powder until dissolved. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.
- With lightly buttered hands, quickly shape mixture into twelve 3-in. balls, flattening one side slightly. For each stem, insert a green Dots candy at the top of pumpkin, attaching with marshmallow creme. Cut fruit roll into leaves and vines; attach to top of pumpkin.
- Warm Tootsie rolls in a microwave for 5-10 seconds, then flatten and cut into facial features as desired; attach with remaining marshmallow crème. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPopcorn Jack-o'-Lanterns
"I think the reason that last person found this to be too sweet was because they used Rice Krispies instead of popcorn - which is sweetened cereal. I make this recipe regularly, not usually as the jack-o-lanterns, but as popcorn balls, varying the flavors of jello I use. I've made them into apples too.They are delicious!"
"I made this with rice crispies instead of popcorn. Super sweet and tastes much like orange gelatin. Too sweet for my tastes."