Popcorn Christmas Trees
The kids in my family like these popcorn trees instead of traditional popcorn balls. You can substitute red-hot candies for the M&M's if you like. —Nicole Clayton, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 to 12 drops green food coloring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons M&M's minis
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and food coloring until blended. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- With wet hands, shape mixture by 3/4 cupfuls into evergreen tree shapes. While warm, press a few M&M's into each tree. Place on a greased baking sheet; let stand until firm, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.