My daughter, Alivia, thought it would be tasty fun to coat chicken tenders with two of our favorite movie-watching snacks, popcorn and pretzels. Crunchy and crispy, they bring on a lot of smiles when served with a creamy and sweet mustard sauce. —Suzanne Clark, Phoenix, Arizona
Recommended: 47 Meals Your Toddler Will Devour
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 cups miniature pretzels, crushed
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn, crushed
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, preserves and mustard; refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large shallow dish, combine crushed pretzels and popcorn. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Dip both sides of chicken in pretzel mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Popcorn & Pretzel Chicken Tenders in Taste of Home September/October 2013, p2-8