Pop ‘n’ Rock Popcorn
Have a mouthful of fun with this poppin' popcorn. Each bite tickles your tongue with a crunchy, sweet, crackle. It's the perfect complement to the mean Grinch in Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas!—
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) natural microwave popcorn
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2 envelopes watermelon Pop Rocks candy
- 2 envelopes strawberry Pop Rocks candy
- Microwave popcorn according to package directions. Place in a large bowl.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Pour a third over popcorn; gently toss to combine. Add the remaining melted chips; toss to coat.
- Divide coated popcorn between two bowls. Sprinkle one with watermelon candy and the other with strawberry candy. Stir candy into popcorn mixture. Immediately spread each onto parchment paper; let stand until set. Break into pieces. Store in separate airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 152 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pop Rock'n Popcorn in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012