Have a mouthful of fun with this poppin' popcorn. Each bite tickles your tongue with a crunchy, sweet, crackle. It's the perfect complement to the mean Grinch in Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas!—
Recommended: Christmas Treats
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) natural microwave popcorn
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2 envelopes watermelon Pop Rocks candy
- 2 envelopes strawberry Pop Rocks candy
- Microwave popcorn according to package directions. Place in a large bowl.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Pour a third over popcorn; gently toss to combine. Add the remaining melted chips; toss to coat.
- Divide coated popcorn between two bowls. Sprinkle one with watermelon candy and the other with strawberry candy. Stir candy into popcorn mixture. Immediately spread each onto parchment paper; let stand until set. Break into pieces. Store in separate airtight containers. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Pop 'n' Rock Popcorn in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p160