Pomegranate Orange Salsa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3-1/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut oranges in half; transfer to a large bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds, cilantro, jalapenos and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 37 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Jan 2, 2015
Had extra pomegranate and wanted to use them up. This was different and a healthy snack. I used lime juice for flavor.
Jan 1, 2013
I get requests for this recipe every time. Delicious and beautiful!
Nov 20, 2012
I would add extra jalapeno's . had a group over and it was gone in no time, all enjoyed it with ham, and lamb pieces really good
Nov 19, 2012
Tried this at a friend's party. This recipe should never have been published. I wonder if the people who write these recipes have ever actually even tasted them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.