- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3-1/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut oranges in half; transfer to a large bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds, cilantro, jalapenos and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 37 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.