Pomegranate Orange Salsa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3-1/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut oranges in half; transfer to a large bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds, cilantro, jalapenos and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 37 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2015
Had extra pomegranate and wanted to use them up. This was different and a healthy snack. I used lime juice for flavor.
Jan 1, 2013
I get requests for this recipe every time. Delicious and beautiful!
Nov 20, 2012
I would add extra jalapeno's . had a group over and it was gone in no time, all enjoyed it with ham, and lamb pieces really good
Nov 19, 2012
Tried this at a friend's party. This recipe should never have been published. I wonder if the people who write these recipes have ever actually even tasted them.