I converted many people to Brussels sprouts with this recipe, and it has since become my most requested dish. The richness of the hazelnuts and the sweetness of pomegranate and orange elevate the sprouts to a new level. —Melanie Stevenson, Reading, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place Brussels sprouts in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; drizzle over Brussels sprouts. Add hazelnuts and orange peel; gently toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Just before serving, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pomegranate-Hazelnut Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p41