- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, paprika, pepper and garlic salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Divide between two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine 3 cups pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup. Combine cornstarch and remaining juice; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Gently stir in meatballs and heat through. Serve in a slow cooker or chafing dish. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forPomegranate-Glazed Turkey Meatballs
"I love meatballs and these were great to serve as an appetizer. The pomegranate juice gave them a distinctive flavor. My guests enjoyed them and I will make them again."