- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a Dutch oven, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place green beans in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, combine orange juice, pomegranate juice, butter, vinegar, syrup, orange peel and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cranberries. Add beans and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPomegranate-Glazed Green Beans
"This was a bit bitter and way too citrusy for us. If I make it again, I would probably drop the vinegar and reduce the orange juice, or just get rid of it altogether. I also didn't add the maple syrup and used just white vinegar because I couldn't find white balsamic vinegar, if it comes in a white variety, and I didn't have any regular balsamic vinegar. Overall, this recipe looked and sounded way better than it turned out for us."
"Very easy, very delicious, but the acidic components of the sauce discolored my green beans. When I make it again, I will reserve the sauce and only drizzle it on after I plate up the servings of beans."