As a former home economics teacher, I like to surprise family and friends with recipes that are a little more special. This salad combines sweet and tart tastes. —Deidre Hobbs, Redding, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegranates)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water, pomegranate seeds and pineapple. Pour into an 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- Combine sour cream and mayonnaise; spread over gelatin. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 194 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pomegranate Gelatin in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Nov 23, 2011
we loved this recipe. i didn't use the topping, i used a cream cheese frosting instead. yummy.
Jul 5, 2008
Your recipe sounds wonderful! I love the tart tang of pomegranate juice! Thanks for posting.Lorraine