Pomegranate Fluff Salad
My sister-in-law brought this salad to Thanksgiving one year and we all loved it. It's a fun way to introduce folks to pomegranate.—Jennie Richards, Riverton, Utah
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
Makes26 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 cups pomegranate seeds (about 3 large pomegranates)
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold into fruit mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 178 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pomegranate Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.