Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1-2/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed, optional
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water; stir. Add the pomegranate seeds, cranberry sauce, pineapple and pecans. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until firm. If desired, top with whipped topping and additional pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 190 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Dec 26, 2019
Fantabulous salad. My sister in law brings this to many events. The pomegranate seeds provide a delightful crunch. My SIL uses the whipped topping and leaves out the nuts. It is my favorite dish at any family function.
Dec 4, 2018
The hulls of the pomegranates were very hard and I was afraid someone would break a tooth, so I didn't serve this salad and threw it OUT!