Juicy pomegranate seeds give cranberry gelatin a refreshing twist. For the crowning touch, top the salad with whipped topping and a sprinkling of pecans. —Lorie Mckinney, Marion, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1-2/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed, optional
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water; stir. Add the pomegranate seeds, cranberry sauce, pineapple and pecans. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until firm. If desired, top with whipped topping and additional pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 190 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Pomegranate Cranberry Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.