Pomegranate & Baby Spinach Salad
I toss together greens, blue cheese, pomegranate seeds and toasted hazelnuts for this elegant salad. You won’t want to serve it without the tongue-tingling, made-from-scratch dressing. —Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, cheese, pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over spinach mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pomegranate & Baby spinach Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.