A friend shared the recipe for this fresh tomato mixture that’s full of garlicky goodness. It can be used like bruschetta--to top slices of Italian or French bread. Or toss it with pasta or serve with grilled or roasted poultry, fish or pork.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced French bread, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Serve as topping on French bread if desired or as a sauce.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 54 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pomadoro Sauce in Country Woman July/August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.