- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced French bread, toasted, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Serve as topping on French bread if desired or as a sauce. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forPomadoro Sauce
"Sounds great! Can't wait to try it this summer when I have lots of tomatoes and basil."