- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir pineapple into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPolynesian Sausage Supper
"Have used chicken breast too. Very good."
"We got uncooked sausage with castings instead of smoked sausage. I was confused and it definitely should have had cooked sausage. I think it needed a little salt. It was tasty. Tidbits would have been better for this."
"Saw this in the original 2001 magazine, have been making it ever since! I also add a chopped red pepper for extra nutrition and color."
"Love this dish. We have it quite often. I use the pineapple tidbits because the chunks seemed too much. My daughter uses the crushed pineapple because her family likes the sweetness all the way throughout the dish. Whichever way, I have given this recipe to many people that really like it."
"THe best food for the family ."
"I used smoked turkey sausage. Other than that I did not change a thing and it was great!"
"I didn't have any smoked sausage so I tried it with brats. I think that next time I should stick with the recipe. I also used crushed pineapple instead of cubed. I thought that part worked just fine."