Polynesian Sausage Kabobs for 2
Here's a meal on a skewer with a unique twist. Pineapple, cantaloupe and peppers complement the sausage perfectly, shares Patricia Eggemeyer, Ellis Grove, Illinois. I frequently fire up the grill for these simple kabobs in summer.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 8 cubes fresh pineapple chunks (1-inch)
- 12 cubes cantaloupe (1-inch)
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside half of the marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, pineapple, cantaloupe and green pepper.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until sausage is browned, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once.