Seasoned with ginger, almonds and colorful fruit, this chicken is a special main dish for a crowd. I dreamed up this economical recipe one day when chicken thighs were on sale. I served it to guests and they loved it.—Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 20 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. in a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches; drain. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- In a large saucepan, bring orange juice, pineapple juice and ginger to a boil. Pour over chicken. top with pineapple, oranges and almonds.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Polynesian Chicken in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p46
Reviews forPolynesian Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2018
"delicious. made exactly as written"