Pollo Guisado (Chicken Stew)
Featuring a pretty golden-red color and comforting flavor, this chicken stew will be a welcome entree at any celebration. It's perfect for pairing with red beans and rice.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 55 min.
- 1/2 cup Sofrito
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 envelope Goya Sazon with coriander and annatto
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Stir in the potatoes, water and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add additional water if necessary. Discard bay leaves before serving.
Editor's NoteLook for Goya Sazon, a seasoning blend, in the international foods section.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 360 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 511mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.