Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, concentrate and orange zest. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe polka dots on cookies.
2 each: 114 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.