"While living in Florida, I found this cookie recipe in a book on cooking with oranges," writes Mary Ann Rafalski of North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, concentrate and orange zest. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe polka dots on cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 114 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.