Polka Dot Cake
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create this fun cake for a kid's or even adult's party. Change the color scheme by using different flavored Fruit Roll-Ups.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 package (5 ounces) Fruit Roll-Ups
- Round cookie cutters-1-inch, 1-1/2-inch, 2-inch and 2-3/4-inch
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Unroll fruit roll-ups. Using the cookie cutters and a variety of fruit roll-up colors, cut out circles. Arrange circles on top and sides of cake.
Originally published as Polka Dot Cake in Kid Friendly Cooking and Crafts
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.