With just a few simple ingredients, you can create this fun cake for a kid's or even adult's party. Change the color scheme by using different flavored Fruit Roll-Ups.
Recommended: It’s a Boy! Baby Shower Food Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 package (5 ounces) Fruit Roll-Ups*
- Round cookie cutters-1-inch, 1-1/2-inch, 2-inch and 2-3/4-inch
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Unroll fruit roll-ups. Using the cookie cutters and a variety of fruit roll-up colors, cut out circles. Arrange circles on top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Polka Dot Cake in Kid Friendly Cooking and Crafts 2006, p78