Polish-Style Sausage ‘N’ Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups sliced potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; set aside. For white sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer a third of the potatoes, cabbage, onion, sausage and white sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 298 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Jan 14, 2010
very bland with recipe as written. next time I will add some horseradish or spicy mustard. (we added the horseradish after and that made it very good) Prep is more then 10 mins, more like 20 or 30 due to white sauce
Oct 19, 2009
Great with extra cabbage too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.