Polish Reuben Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Bavarian sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup soft rye bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Spread sauerkraut in a greased shallow 4-qt. baking dish. Top with noodles. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion and mustard; pour over the noodles. Top with sausage; sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 341 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Jan 23, 2016
Very yummy! Will definitely make again.
Mar 13, 2011
Made this for a family reunion (polish!) and had to email the recipe to several people afterwards. Came out very good!
Oct 20, 2010
A great comfort dish, easy to make and delicious!I did add 2 cups of mushrooms just for a slight variation the second time I made it. It's a keeper recipe!! Thank you.
Jan 23, 2009
I prefer Bavarian sauerkraut,It is sweeter and most of the time it has caraway (not rye) seed in them.You hardly have to rinse it.Bush Bavarian Sauerkraut is the best.
Jan 15, 2009
I'm not sure but I do know there is a kind with rye seeds in it. I was raised on the 'plain' sauerkraut and once bought some that didn't quite look right when I went to cook it. It had rye seeds in it. Since I don't care for rye, of course it didn't taste good to me. Try both kinds if you aren't sure which one you like.
Jan 15, 2009
what is the difference with bavarian sauerkraut and any other kraut? anyone know?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.