Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Place on the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with sausage and chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 378 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1572mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2017
We love this recipe. It definitely a keeper.
May 25, 2012
Jan 20, 2012
Is this recipe to be covered while baking, and is the kraut sour without rinseing it first?
Oct 10, 2011