Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 servings each)
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sausage, soup, sauerkraut, 2 cups cheese, milk, onions, mustard and garlic.
- Spoon into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 45-50 minutes. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 50-55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 428 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1193mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 25, 2018
This is really good! Next time I may try with corned beef for a Reuben casserole, substituting 3 tbl of 1,000 Island dressing for the Dijon. For this I would probable only use 1 can of soup.
Jul 14, 2018
I'm so glad I tried this! Looking at it, I thought it looked terrible, but the reviews convinced me to give it a chance. It was a winner with the family! I was skeptical about rinsing the sauerkraut, because I love sauerkraut and thought it was a sin to wash away the flavor, but I'm glad I did it - the amount of tang in the recipe is perfect, and if I hadn't rinsed it, it would have been overpowering. As is, it gave a really nice hint without assaulting the mouth. Really tasty casserole! (Next time, I'll cut it in half - huge leftovers for a family of three when one of them is seven years old.)
Jul 11, 2018
Will try this recipe with turkey kielbasa. But I must second Sue Zappa's comment about the new format for saving recipes. It is awkward and requires too many steps, since so many items belong in multiple categories. Whoever developed the program apparently doesn't do a lot of cooking for family/friends/potlucks.
Jun 21, 2018
I thought this was good but next time I will eliminate the mustard. Way too much for my liking!
Jun 19, 2018
So very DELICIOUS!! JUST FINISHED IT FOR BREAKFAST. THANK YOU FOR SHARING. I WILL MAKE AGAIN.
Jun 18, 2018
TOH, I really hate this new format! The categories for my online recipe box are very different from the previous format. I can no longer include my choice of reviews when I print a recipe. It's visually unappealing. I rated the recipe 5 stars because I didn't want to penalize what sounds like a great recipe due to your lousy formatting! Go back to the original! "If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it." Wise advice you need to heed!
May 21, 2018
This is very nice recipe. My family loved this recipe. It's nice
Apr 20, 2018
Easy and absolutely delicious but I did put more sour kraut than was called for.
Apr 14, 2018
I wouldn't make it again, but if you are going to make it I would eliminate the cream of mushroom soup & use heavy cream in place of the milk & actual mushrooms. I didn't really care too much for it. I like cookie20 suggestions to add more flavor. It was just bland.
Apr 9, 2018
I believe you would need to really love saurkraut to appreciate this recipe. I added more cheese and it isn't bad but I don't know that I would make it again.