- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sausage, soup, sauerkraut, 2 cups cheese, milk, onions, mustard and garlic.
Spoon into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews forPolish Casserole
"easy and absolutely delicious but I did put more sour kraut than was called for."
"I wouldn't make it again, but if you are going to make it I would eliminate the cream of mushroom soup & use heavy cream in place of the milk & actual mushrooms. I didn't really care too much for it. I like cookie20 suggestions to add more flavor. It was just bland."
"I believe you would need to really love saurkraut to appreciate this recipe. I added more cheese and it isn't bad but I don't know that I would make it again."
"I add a little more Swiss cheese and garlic. When I serve it Thousand Isle Dressing. Delicious. It is better the second day. THANK YOU!!"
"I have made this, using either cooked sliced potatoes or pierogies. I add sour cream, crispy bacon, and caramelized onions to the mix. That definitely boosts the flavor. I do brown the kielbasa first, or throw It on the grill. It makes a nice entree. I serve it with a dill cucumber salad, pumpernickel or rye rolls and green beans"
"Cannot save recipe"
"This was just OK but not something I would make again, much to my husband's relief."
"My family was 50/50 on this recipe. Not sure why it wasn't to my expectations. Was a little lacking in flavor. To me the Swiss cheese was overpowering but each to their own...."