Polenta Parmigiana Recipe
“This warm, Italian-flavored appetizer also makes a quick, filling lunch. I prefer this veggie version, but my kids like to add pepperoni or sausage to create mini pizzas.” —Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce, warmed
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place polenta in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; brush with olive oil. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 2. Spoon pasta sauce over polenta slices. Top each with a mozzarella cheese slice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 each: 108 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Polenta Parmigiana
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC