My husband, our kids and grandkids enjoy fishing on the Kenai River in summer, so we never have a shortage of salmon. I like this tasty recipe because it's so easy to prepare.
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter. Add the water, broth and seasonings. Add salmon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with the salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Poached Salmon in Country Extra March 2000, p49