My husband, our kids and grandkids enjoy fishing on the Kenai River in summer, so we never have a shortage of salmon. I like this tasty recipe because it's so easy to prepare.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter. Add the water, broth and seasonings. Add salmon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with the salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 483 calories, 36g fat (9g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Poached Salmon in Country Extra March 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.