Poached Salmon with Tarragon Sauce Recipe
Laura Lunardi prepares her perfectly poached salmon when she doesn't want to heat up the kitchen. Fixing the sauce first allows the herb seasonings to meld and enhance the mild-tasting steaks. Laura writes, "Use two slotted spatulas to remove the poached fish from the pan. Poached fish is delicate and tends to break apart easily."
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper,divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, tarragon, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, combine the broth, water, lemon juice, bay leaf and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the salmon.
- 3. Cover and poach for 8-10 minutes or until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from poaching liquid. Serve with tarragon sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 261 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Poached Salmon with Tarragon Sauce
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC