Poached Salmon with Grapefruit Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups strong brewed green tea
- 4 fresh basil sprigs
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 large pink grapefruit, sectioned and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Remove salmon with a slotted spoon. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Mar 19, 2012
My husband and I really enjoy this recipe. The flavor combinations are fantastic. If you like salmon, you must try this!
Feb 12, 2011
I really enjoyed this recipe as a quick weeknight dinner. The grapefruit with the salmon was a surprisingly good combination. I will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.