Poached Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce
Here's a simple dinner you can enjoy any day of the week. The dill sauce adds a refreshing tang to the sturdy fish. Serve the dish with a green salad and steamed seasonal vegetables such as asparagus. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (1-1/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup sour cream ranch dip
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Place salmon in a large skillet with high sides, skin side down. Add onion, lemon slices, garlic, salt, bay leaf and enough water to cover salmon. Bring just to a boil. Adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients until blended. Serve with salmon.