Poached Salmon and Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- For dill sauce, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, dill, onion, and basil in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place 2 in. of water, peppercorns and bay leaf in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon. Cook, uncovered, for 4-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove with a slotted spoon. Discard bay leaf. Serve fish with dill sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Feb 14, 2018
I did not care for this at all. I did not like the salmon cooked this way and I did not like the sauce either.
Apr 14, 2011
This is a fantastic salmon recipe and quick and easy. The sauce is so tasty. I didn't have plain yogurt so substituted sour cream and it was still good. Dried dill and basil worked well too (amount adjusted) as fresh was out of season.