Poached Salmon and Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- For dill sauce, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, dill, onion, and basil in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place 2 in. of water, peppercorns and bay leaf in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon. Cook, uncovered, for 4-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove with a slotted spoon. Discard bay leaf. Serve fish with dill sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Feb 14, 2018
I did not care for this at all. I did not like the salmon cooked this way and I did not like the sauce either.
Apr 14, 2011
This is a fantastic salmon recipe and quick and easy. The sauce is so tasty. I didn't have plain yogurt so substituted sour cream and it was still good. Dried dill and basil worked well too (amount adjusted) as fresh was out of season.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.