Poached Pears and Raspberries with Cinnamon and Cardamom
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1/2 cup frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- In a medium or large Ziploc® Zip 'n Steam™ Bag, combine pears, raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cardamom. Seal bag and shake gently to combine ingredients. Pat ingredients into single layer. Place bag in microwave.
- Cook on full power for 3-4 minutes or until pears are fork-tender. Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag and serve. Garnish with coconut.
TOASTING COCONUT: Place coconut in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-seconds. Stir and microwave at 30-second intervals until coconut is golden brown.
Originally published as Poached Pears and Raspberries with Cinnamon and Cardamom in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.