Chocolate chips and confectioners’ sugar add to the natural sweetness of these perfectly poached peaches. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium peaches
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Additional ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; add peaches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove peaches with a slotted spoon; cool to room temperature. Discard cooking liquid. Halve, pit and peel peaches; refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, chocolate chips and orange juice until blended. Pipe or spoon into peach halves. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Poached Peaches with Cream Cheese Filling in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Poached Peaches with Cream Cheese Filling
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review