Poached Halibut Recipe
Rosadene Herold of Likeville, Indiana relies on her microwave to get delicious whitefish on the table in no time.
- 4 halibut or cod fillets (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- THYME WINE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme and salt
- 1. Place the fillets in a microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with bouillon. In a bowl, combine the next seven ingredients. Pour over fish. Place lemon over fillets. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish and keep warm. Strain cooking liquid; reserve 2 tablespoons.
- 2. For sauce, place butter and garlic in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and reserved cooking liquid. Cook 30 seconds longer or until bubbly. Serve over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 256 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Reviews for Poached Halibut
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC