VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup wheat berries
- 3-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced Greek olives
- 2 large eggs
- Additional olive oil and pepper, optional
- Place wheat berries and 2-1/2 cups water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, about 1 hour. Drain; transfer to a bowl. Cool slightly.
- Stir in oil, lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper; divide between two bowls. Top with tomatoes, ricotta cheese and olives.
- To poach egg, place 1/2 cup water in a small microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Break an egg into water. Microwave, covered, on high 1 minute. Microwave in 10-second intervals until white is set and yolk begins to thicken; let stand 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer egg to one of the bowls. Repeat. If desired, drizzle with additional oil and sprinkle with more pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Poached Egg Buddha Bowls in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018