Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 medium plum or heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, snipped
- In a large bowl, gently combine tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 114 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Sep 4, 2019
Quick, easy and fabulous! Great ratio of vinegar, oil and seasoning. With or without fresh basil very tasty. Have also used fresh cilantro! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I love recipes that bring out the best flavors of the season!
May 28, 2016
My husband loved this. The second time I made this I added some freshly shaved parmesan cheese and served it on top of grilled bread slices like a bruschetta. Seriously delicious.
Sep 7, 2012
Great for a light, fresh side dish. This is a keeper! I'm sure it would be good with cucumbers added too.
Sep 18, 2011
A good quick side.
May 27, 2009